Delegates praised Innovation Day 2016
On Tuesday 22nd November 2016 the industry gathered at the stunning St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel to examine the exponential growth in data analytics and technology that is affecting the way we manage reward and benefits.
Presentation slides are attached to relevant speaker photos - scroll down to view
The conference was well attended by senior HR and reward managers from across the sectors. Delegates benefited from sharing experience with their peers and listening to expert speakers.
Videos filmed at the event
Video (above): REBA Innovation Day 2016 Highlights
Great mix of content and good to see new and old faces. Great short sharp sessions.
This conference examined emerging technology user trends and uncovered a wide range of digital innovations available to reward practitioners. It offered employers a glimpse into what the cutting edge looks like today, and what the future holds.
Speakers & panelists included:
Global Reward Direcor
Author - Hunger in Paradise
Head of Reward
Head of Reward & Policy
Professor Stephen Perkins
Global Policy Research Institute
Head of Pensions
Head of Benefits, EMEA
Executive Vice President HR
Head of Insights and Engagement
Director of Global Reward
Head of DC & FW Services
Head of HR
Head of Reward
Founder & CEO
Senior Director - Reward
CEO - Trans_form(8) Consultants
Head of Wellbeing Technology
Head of Enterprise
Dipa Mistry Kandola
Head of Flexible Benefits
Head of Pensions
Chief executive officer
UCI Reward Manager - Shared Services
Business Development Manager
Head of Reward
Employee benefits are going digital and mobile. The most forward-thinking companies are increasing employee engagement and efficiency through the adoption of new platforms and tools for healthcare, voluntary, retirement and wellness benefits.
Delegates discussed how the digital era is affecting their profession and heard from some companies who are already taking steps to embrace the technology that is available and use data analytics to a greater extent than ever before in driving HR and reward strategies.
The event will reveal the growth of behavioural performance tracking, social engagement, consumer interfaces, process simplification and automation, global harmonisation and data analysis for greater ease, efficiency and engagement.
08:30 Reward & Employee Benefits Association members mix ’n' mingle breakfast
09:00 Opening remarks from the Chair
09:10 Keynote Address: Hunger in paradise - using data analytics to drive performance in successful businesses
- Using analytics and big data to drive a high performance culture
- Finding talent that everyone overlooks
- Creating a culture where it is more important to get better than to look good
Rasmus Ankersen, Author, Hunger in Paradise; Co-Director of Football, Brentford Football Club
09:30 Scene setting - the big picture
- Being prepared for the reward tech revolution
- Key tech trends affecting benefits and reward
- How digital progress is changing the workforce and what this means for reward
Debi O'Donovan, Director, Reward & Employee Benefits Association
10:05 Panel: What do employers want from truly innovative reward technology?
- How do practitioners class innovations - level of expectation and appetite; innovation must be flexible and adaptable; cheaper quicker better faster
- Latest thinking on platform power for corporates - solving benefits admin workload
- Wish list of what reward practitioners want from a platform
- Cloud-based systems - shifting paper tasks to cloud services
- Global HR people systems
- Mobile based platforms
- Connecting recognition and benefits portals
Damien Teisseire, Global Reward Director, Experian
Paul Bissell, Head of Reward & Policy, Three
Sam Kirk, Reward Director, Talk Talk
Jamie True, CEO, Lifeworks
10:45 Lightning Pitch Demonstrations
Capita: Retirement education in the digital age
- How Capita has been using the digital environment to improve access to retirement education
- Helping employees through the new retirement complexities
Alex Bunt, Business Development Manager, Capita Employee Benefits
Lifeworks: Make employees feel loved in any organisation
- Demo of an industry first - a wellness and engagement platform that makes employees feel loved in any organisation
- Multi point platform provides - employee assistance, wellness, perks, internal comms and recognition all in one place
Jamie True, CEO, Lifeworks
11:05 Morning refreshments
Streamed Sessions: Choice A
11:25 Case Study: Work vs. play - how a games mindset can drive engagement and behaviour change across businesses
- How games are eating the world and why everyone is a gamer
- What businesses can learn from a games mindset
- The building blocks - how to supercharge outcomes
- Examples - from wellness, to performance, to happiness and learning
Marcus Thornley, Founder, Play Consulting
Patrick Watt, Corporate Director, Bupa
11:50 Latest developments in technology and data in wellbeing
- What does the future of wellbeing data and technology look like?
- How can it tie into HR strategies such as talent and productivity?
- The move to bespoke, personalised options
Ry Morgan, Head of Wellbeing Technology, Reward Gateway
Streamed Sessions: Choice B
11:30 Ways to increase productivity at your organisation through the strategic use of technology
- What is the problem with UK productivity?
- Real examples of how the productivity gap can be overcome
- What is the technology opportunity to organisations?
- How technology changes employee engagement, communication and discretionary effort
- Why technology means employers are now in a C2C world
Mark Scanlon, CEO, Personal Group
11:45 Stop before you buy: Why you're probably not fully utilising the technology you already have
- Technology trends of the last few decades
- How has innovation changed the employee benefits landscape?
- Technology trends in our every-day lives and how we adopt these into the workplace
- Are we making the most of what’s in front of us today?
Phil Hollingdale, Founder, Staffcare
Tim Simpson, Head of Reward, Callcredit
Streamed Sessions: Choice C
12:10 Consumer Technology in the workplace: how personalisation will change rewards and benefits
- The success of combining behavioural research and pensions
- Solving the problem of engagement in financial wellness
- Why segmentation is dead
- Why employees need you to get personal
Niall O'Callaghan, Consumer Leader UK & Ireland, Mercer
Mark Rowlands, Head of DC Services, Mercer
12:40 How pension dashboards will help employees take better control of their financial lives
- What are pension dashboards?
- How will they help employees?
- When can I provide a pension dashboard and who can help me source one?
- Will all pension schemes have to support pension dashboards, are any types of schemes exempt?
- How will pension dashboards impact wider employee benefits?
Streamed Sessions: Choice D
12:10 How recognition, feedback and engagement is changing due to digital innovation
- Is it all about the metrics of employee engagement or is there another way?
- The pros and cons of treating employees like consumers
- Using 'Moments of truth' to build loyalty to your employer brand
Matt Macri-Waller, CEO, Benefex
12:40 Academic Viewpoint: ROI - innovation in rewarding the performance your organisation is expecting - measuring, assessing matching outcomes for success sharing
- Understanding how performance-reward principles map on to practical considerations
- Putting the alternative choices of approach into context
- Helping ensure innovation and sophistication in performance management is communicated to be understood and acted on to serve corporate intentions
Professor Stephen Perkins, Global Policy Research Institute, London Metropolitan University
13:45 Lightning Pitch Demonstration: How companies are using employee engagement platforms to pull it all together
- Explore common challenges faced by reward professionals and how employee engagement technology is helping to solve them
- Demonstrate how you can utilise engagement technology to maximise your investment, support your EVP and improve employee experience
- Explain how you can enhance your communications to drive engagement of all the initiatives that matter to you
Dominic Taylor, Head of Enterprise, Reward Gateway
14:05 Round Table Discussions: How would employers like to use technology and data?
- What technology do practitioners currently use?
- What would they like to use in the next few years?
- Inhibitors to reward technology innovations - cost, no budget, diverse workforce, ROI, platforms too corporate, legacy systems
Streamed Sessions: Choice E
14:50 Case Study: Maximising analytics to turn DC on its head and get members saving
- Harnessing data to transform member engagement savings levels through outcomes focused approach
- Using technology to help members stay on track
- Building on initial success to evolve approaches for members
Anne Harris, Head of Pensions, ScottishPower
Paul Waters, Partner, Hymans Robertson
15:10 Samsung's success story: Using technology and analytics to deliver integrated financial wellness
- Creating an innovative financial wellness programme that is central to your people strategy
- Using a technology platform as a central hub to manage and communicate your programme
- Adding value by creating and communicating personalised financial benefits and providing instant access to your employees
- Empowering the reward team to use data insights
Jo Bean, Head of Reward, Samsung
David Dodd, Head of Pensions, Thomsons Online Benefits
Streamed Sessions: Choice F
14:50 Case Study: Ways in which data analytics is driving innovation through the HR community
- The value research data provides to an organisation: workforce insights for HR that led to innovation.
- Examples of how research tools allow employers to truly understand financial wellbeing among staff and its impact on productivity.
- How to maximise the use of that data to ensure its longevity and its ability to drive change for the better.
- Data as an enabler to deliver messages.
Kenny Graves, Head of HR, Police Mutual
Heidi Allan, Head of Insights and Engagement, Neyber
15:10 Case Study: The thrills and spills of implementing an online benefits and pensions platform - year one
- How to get the stakeholder buy-in
- The challenges of getting business leaders on board with online benefits and pensions platforms
- Getting your internal voice to align with your employee value proposition
Fraser Low, Rewards Manager, Aggreko
Dipa Mistry Kandola, Head of Flexible Benefits Services, LCP
15:30 Afternoon tea
15:50 How US-based compensation and benefits could change UK technology
- Use of tech in the US and what will be coming to the UK in the next 2 years
- Personalising your reward offering for employees
- The use of diagnostic tools
Jane Fenwick, former Director & Head of Global Benefits, Shire Pharmaceuticals; Director, Rightspark
16:15 Practitioners’ Top Tips: The biggest learnings and pitfalls when using technology
- Being creative with your reward budget
- What to avoid, check and do well
- Managing your suppliers
Ken Lawrie, Head of Reward, EasyJet
Caroline Adam, Head of Benefits EMEA, Bloomberg
Fiona Buchanan, Executive Vice President HR, Causeway Technologies
Nadeen MacLean, UCI Reward Manager - Shared Services, Computershare
Jamie King, Director of Global Reward, Xexec
16:55 Closing remarks
17.00 Event closes
Thank you to our sponsors
Upscale, ornate Gothic Revival-style venue
This venue adjoins St Pancras international railway station. It mixes contemporary furnishings with original features, resulting in plush rooms and palatial living areas.
Find out more on the venue's own website
St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel
St Pancras International
Euston Rd, London