White paper: Achieving an inclusive working environment for disabled people
This paper offers guidance on how businesses can report on and develop a diverse, inclusive working environment for people with disabilities.
Compiled by the Chartered Insurance Institute in association with Scope – the disability equality charity – this guide on the collection and use of data aims to shift workplace cultures so that all disabled colleagues – current and future – can thrive and deliver transformational change.
The paper offers information on the following areas:
- Reporting: who, what, when, where, how and why.
- Creating the right conditions for gathering disability data.
- Supporting disabled people through the employee lifecycle.
- Supporting employees who acquire an impairment.
- Being a disability confident employer.
- Access to insurance – the benefits of insurance and employment in the sector.