Whitepaper: People Trends 2017
Global changes in 2016, from economic slowing in China to Brexit, will have a lasting impact on the business environment. Aon’s People Trends whitepaper looks ahead to 2017 and seeks to determine what HR should be considering in response to these global changes.
- Workforce and Organisation Design: Flexible team-based structures that allow employers to reallocate employees should be considered.
- Acquisition and Development: A candidate-centric application experience that utilises social media is expected to become more common.
- Total Rewards: Benefits are becoming less of a differentiator for employers, but recognition will become more important as it can make a significant difference to engagement.
- Leadership: New learning programmes will likely be created with a design focus that considers the most efficient and impactful ways that leaders learn.
- Culture: From office design to espoused values, creating an engaged workforce is found to directly correlate with business success.
The report concludes that ‘through being agile and strategic in making HR decisions, firms can rise above economic volatility’.