Webinar: how employers are supporting the financial wellbeing of workers during the pandemic
Watch REBA’s latest webinar on the importance of looking after employees’ financial wellbeing during the coronavirus pandemic.
The webinar featured insight from REBA’s panel of reward leaders and industry experts, including:
- Mark Chadwick, Head of Pensions and Benefits at RBS
- Caroline Howes, Principal & Business Development Director at Mercer
- Tim Robertson, UK Compensation & Benefits Leader at Microsoft
- Andrew West, Head of Reward UK & Ireland at BOC UK & Ireland.
The 7th webinar in REBA’s crisis series focused on supporting senior reward and benefits professionals in managing their staff financial wellbeing.
The panel covered topics such as how the concept of financial wellbeing has adapted since the outbreak of coronavirus; the services benefits and tactics employers are offering to working and furloughed employees; workplace loans; identifying vulnerable employees; issues around communicating about financial wellbeing; and the opportunity to create savings schemes.
During the webinar several free resources that employers can access to support staff were mentioned. Here are some of the services available:
- Coronavirus: what employers and self-employed people need to know from the Money and Pensions Advice Service (MaPS).
- Financial Wellbeing Employee Toolkit from Mercer.
- Debt charity Step Change offer Debt and coronavirus advice.
- Mental health charity Mind have resources for employers called coronavirus and work.
At this difficult time, we at REBA feel that it is vital the reward and employee benefits community comes to together to share ideas and experiences, and to understand that each of us is not alone in dealing with these complex issues in difficult circumstances. Join REBA as a Professional Member to make use of rebaLINK, our confidential peer-to-peer forum, and gain advice from other reward practitioners about their approach.
To view the other webinars in REBA's coronavirus series please visit the webinar hub.
In partnership with Mercer
At Mercer, we believe in building brighter futures.