Research: 2020 Global Talent Trends
LinkedIn’s research highlighted four key areas of focus for talent and reward professionals: employee experience, people analytics, internal recruiting and the multi-generational workforce.
- Empathy will reshape the way employers hire and retain talent. Companies will work to understand their talent more deeply than ever before in order to better serve them.
- HR teams are going all-in on employee experience to improve retention and employer brand – 77% of companies now focus on this area – but companies now need to collaborate with staff to create an experience that works for all.
- Understanding and capitalising on analytics is quickly becoming a must-have skill in HR. There has been a 242% increase in HR professionals with data analysis skills over the last five years.
- Recruiters need to develop an internal hiring plan to build the skills needed for the future. Businesses with high internal hiring experience 41% longer employee tenure compared to those with low internal hiring.
- Organisations are becoming increasingly multi-generational. It’s on companies to help age-diverse teams discover their best selves by creating the conditions for collaboration and knowledge exchange. As such, more than half of companies say they have updated their policies to reflect this generational mix.