Now open for entries and nominations!
The Employee Wellbeing Awards 2019
Following their tremendously successful launch, these independent awards return to benchmark and celebrate the great work of employers leading the way in employee wellbeing.
They provide the opportunity to celebrate and gain professional recognition at a sparkling evening ceremony, plus we will bring together all finalists to share their ideas and experience in an afternoon of round tables and discussion groups.
The Employee Wellbeing Awards are free to enter and we have extended the deadline until Friday 16th November 2018.
Meet the judges
Vice Chair, Executive Director
Head of Workplace Wellbeing & Clinical Services
Michael Heyworth, FCSI
Group Pensions & Benefits Manager
Group Head of Reward
UK HR Policy & Benefits Manager
Total Reward Consultant EMEA
Group Benefits Manager, UK
Chief Adviser for HR Practice
Chief Health, Safety & Security Officer
VP International Compensation
Head of Wellbeing
EVP Human Resources
Director of Total Rewards
Head of Reward
Health and Wellbeing Manager, UK, Ireland & Europe
Director of Health and Wellbeing
Why enter? Gain professional recognition for your initiatives!
As an Employee Wellbeing Award finalist you will:
- Gain industry recognition and have the opportunity to celebrate the work that you’re doing to drive change or deliver a healthier workplace.
- Join fellow pioneers of wellbeing at our exclusive afternoon of networking and peer-to-peer workshops to discuss best practice, real-world experiences, and key solutions.
- Demonstrate to your workforce and potential recruits that your organisation cares about the physical, mental and financial wellbeing of employees.
- Have the opportunity to be invited to speak in front of 350+ leaders at The Employee Wellbeing Congress and be published in our sought-after Employee Wellbeing Research Report.
Showcase organisational success stories and voice the achievements of individuals with the following categories:
EMPLOYEE WELLBEING AWARD: TOTAL STRATEGY
This top-level award will tell the industry, government, competitors and employees which UK employer is best for employee wellbeing. It will celebrate employers which view wellbeing as a part of their overall business strategy.
EMPLOYEE WELLBEING AWARD: MOST IMPROVED
This award will celebrate those employers which are already on the wellbeing journey. REBA recognises that with wellbeing it can take many years to achieve a fully-embedded strategy, so we would like to the recognise the achievements of those employers which are in the process of making great strides.
EMPLOYEE WELLBEING AWARD: NEWCOMER
Taking the first steps in a health and wellbeing strategy is hard, so REBA would like to recognise those organisations which have successfully implemented the first phase(s) or initiatives of a wellbeing strategy.
EMPLOYEE WELLBEING AWARD: GLOBAL
This award will celebrate those employers running successful health and wellbeing strategies across more than one country or globally. Winners of this award will be able to demonstrate what challenges they have overcome, given the multi-country or global nature of the strategy.
EMPLOYEE WELLBEING AWARD: INNOVATION
This award will honour employers who are evolving wellbeing strategies in a way that other employers can learn from. Winners of this award will be able to demonstrate how they have successfully implemented something that no other employer has implemented before.
EMPLOYEE WELLBEING AWARD: LEADERSHIP AND CULTURE
This award will celebrate employers which can demonstrate that they are a business which puts wellbeing at the heart of its culture, championed by its leadership (from top executives through to senior line managers).
EMPLOYEE WELLBEING AWARD: COMMUNITY IMPACT
This award will recognise those employers which have a clear focus on ensuring their wellbeing strategies focus on the broader community within which their organisation operates. Winners of this award will be able to demonstrate how they put in place wellbeing initiatives which build positive relationships with local communities and/or create positive societal impacts.
EMPLOYEE WELLBEING AWARD: PHYSICAL
This award will recognise those employers which have proactively put in place a well thought through strategy to encourage and promote physical health among their employees.
EMPLOYEE WELLBEING AWARD: MENTAL
This award will recognise those employers which have proactively put in place a well thought through strategy to encourage and promote mental health among their employees.
EMPLOYEE WELLBEING AWARD: FINANCIAL
This award will recognise those employers which have proactively put in place a well thought through strategy to encourage and promote financial wellness among their employees.
EMPLOYEE WELLBEING AWARD: SOCIAL WELLBEING IN THE WORKPLACE
This award will recognise those employers which ensure their strategies include the importance of social relationships within the workplace to increase wellbeing. Winners of this award will be able to demonstrate how they put in place initiatives which build positive relationships, a sense of belonging and inclusion, as well as recognition and positive motivation.
EMPLOYEE WELLBEING AWARD: BENEFITS STRATEGY
This award will recognise those employers which have effectively worked to integrate wellbeing as an effective part of their overall employee benefits strategy.
WELLBEING VANGUARD AWARD
We invite you to put forward in-house HR, reward, benefits or wellbeing practitioners who are leading the way in how they implement and champion wellbeing within their organisations. They should be someone that will inspire other senior HR, reward, benefits and wellbeing professionals to achieve more with wellbeing programmes.
WELLBEING VISIONARY AWARD
We invite nominations for leaders and visionaries who are working to improve employee wellbeing nationally or across specific regions or sectors. The nominees could be politicians, CEOs or industry leaders.
REBA PINNACLE AWARD
This category cannot be entered, but instead will be awarded by REBA to an employer either showing excellence across more than one category, or exceptional excellence in their winning category.
To enter any of the 2019 categories, please follow these steps...
1. We are welcoming entries from Monday 3 September 2018.
2. Take a look at the categories and decide which best suit your own organisation and the individuals within it (or if you are a supplier, a client organisation).
3. Download the entry template for your chosen categories to view the full entry criteria and the questions you will be asked.
4. Using the template, craft your written entries and share with colleagues for approval.
5. When you are ready, submit your final entries and supporting materials for free via our entry portal here.
6. Supporting materials must include the logo of the organisation represented in the entry and can also include up to three other files, including (but not limited to) examples of communication materials; photos or videos that demonstrate your strategy in action; testimonials from staff, etc. (For the Vanguard category please upload a photo of the individual entered rather than the organsation's logo).
7. All entries to be submitted by Friday 16th November 2018. Please note this is the final deadline, there will be no further extensions.
8. All finalists will be invited to attend the exclusive afternoon peer-to-peer workshops and evening awards ceremony on Thursday 7 February 2019.
9. An independent jury will review all entries to choose our final winners.
10. Winners will be announced during the ceremony on Thursday 7 February 2019.
How to nominate for The Wellbeing Visionary Award
We invite you to nominate your chosen individual, with a short description [250 words] of why you feel this person is making the difference. The REBA team will review all nominations, and our Awards Jury will select the winner, who will be invited to address all of our finalists at the Awards evening on 7 February 2019. You can make your nomination here.
3 September 2018 - Open for entries and nominations
16 November 2018 - Final deadline for entries and nominations
7 February 2019 - Exclusive afternoon peer-to-peer workshops
Evening awards ceremony announcing all winners
Winners of our inaugural awards include the following leaders in employee wellbeing...
"The Employee Wellbeing Awards give companies the recognition that they actually care about their people. This is positive both internally to current employees, and externally to people you are looking to recruit and attract." - Zoe Brunswick, RSK Group, Winner of the Vanguard Award
"You get so much from these awards! You learn what good looks like and pick up lots of and great ideas. It's an event full of energy, with lots of ideas from companies who have done some really interesting things." - Peter Simpson, Anglian Water, Winner of the Visionary Awards
Don’t miss your opportunity to join them! Now open for entries and nominations!