Report: Employee Insight Report 2016-17
Now in its fourth year the Employee Insight Report from Capita Employee Benefits, follows a survey of more than 3,000 UK employees covering their views on pensions, health, financial wellbeing, benefits and the relationship with their employer.
- Employees under the age of 35 have the most optimistic financial outlook, however the costs of today are a challenge.
- 30.8% of 25-34 year old struggle each month financially and 37.4% worry they will not get through the month without going into debt.
- 48% of employees earning less than £25,000 could not meet an unexpected bill of £1,000.
- Google is the primary source of financial information for 35.7% of respondents.
- 60.3% of employees felt that their employers should provide them with access to financial education to help with their retirement planning.
- The highest demand comes from female employees and those under 35.
- 44.1% of under 25s see their employer's choice of communication channels as a total failure.