Government papers: Mandatory Gender Pay Gap Reporting: summary of reported data for 2018/19
- 78% of reported median GPGs favoured men, 14% favoured women, and 9% of employers reported a median GPG of exactly 0%.
- 88% of reported mean GPGs favoured men, 11% favoured women, and 1% of employers reported a mean GPG of exactly 0%.
- Companies that reported in both 2017/18 and 2018/19 were matched based on their organisation name. Of those organisations that had reported in both years, 48% reported median GPGs narrowed (the GPG is closer to zero than the previous reporting period) and 44% widened.
- 53% of reported mean GPGs narrowed and 44% widened.
- 82% of employers reported they had more women than men in their lowest 25% of earners and 17% reported they had more women than men in their highest 25% of earners.
As of June 2019, a little over half of in-scope employers had published an action plan outlining how they intend to tackle their GPG.