Why managing stress should be a priority
Stress is our body’s natural response to dealing with pressure. But too much stress over a long period of time can have a negative impact on how we feel and perform at work.
How does this affect your business?
Stress is one of the most common causes of long-term work absence in the UK. Supporting employees who are feeling stressed can help us to understand what's making them feel this way. Practical steps can then be taken to address this and help them feel more positive and productive at work.
We've compiled a list of expert-approved tools and resources for you to share with your employees to raise awareness about the importance of stress management.
For your business
Guidance and support for line-managers
- Supporting employees with social anxiety: a manager’s guide
- How to increase energy and productivity within your team: a manager’s guide
- Bupa Academy: Is your team burnt out or busy? A guide for managers
Resources to share with your team
- Infographic: 10 tips for managing stress
- Video: 10 ways to manage your stress
- Hub: Stress support
- Article: Work-related stress
- Health Information: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
For more information on stress and mental wellbeing take a look at our business toolkit or visit Mind, Samaritans or the Mental Health Foundation.
In partnership with Bupa
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.