Health and wellbeing at work 2022
The Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD’s) latest health and wellbeing survey – the 22nd of its kind and the 12th in partnership with Simplyhealth – provides a wealth of benchmarking data on key areas like mental health, managing attendance and upskilling line managers to support wellbeing.
Two years on, the coronavirus pandemic continues to heavily influence employee health and wellbeing. The virus has caused severe disruption due to absence, while many organisations have employees with long Covid. Although organisations are clearly still committed to supporting their people, evidence suggests that activity in this area is starting to slip, and a more holistic approach – based on the health risks and needs of the workforce – is needed.
- There is less management focus on health and wellbeing compared with the first year of the pandemic
- More organisations are taking steps to tackle presenteeism
- COVID-19 continues to have a huge impact on employee health
- There is new or better support for people working from home
- More employers are looking after people throughout the employee lifecycle.
In partnership with Simplyhealth
Our health plans make it easy for people to maintain their health&wellbeing.