Standard Life Research: Retirement Voice 2023
This research from Standard Life aims to understand the nation’s most pressing financial issues. What influences people’s ability to save for retirement – and how they feel about the decisions they need to take now to plan for their financial futures.
It found three clear themes when it comes to how people feel about their retirement and how the cost of living is affecting their plans. These were: the need for financial certainty; the cost of financial uncertainty; and the power of planning, guidance and advice.
- 36 is the average age people start retirement planning
- Nine in 10 say income certainty in retirement is important to them
- One in four are losing sleep because of their finances
- One in seven retirees have returned to work
- 54% of people are stressed about their finances
- 37% of people believes they’re saving enough for retirement
The study, run between July and September 2023, captured the voices of 6,350 UK adults. The data was weighted to give a nationally representative sample by age, gender, region and working status.
In partnership with Standard Life
Standard Life are part of Phoenix Group, the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business. We both share an aligned ambition to help every customer enjoy a life full of possibilities.