Report: Parental Leave Policy & Reward Benchmark 2021
- 79% of employers currently enhance Maternity (and Adoption / Surrogacy) pay beyond the statutory minimum
- 67% of employers currently enhance Paternity or Partner leave pay
- 48% of employers currently enhance Shared Parental Leave pay
- There are now many maternity/adoption packages with 26+ weeks’ enhanced pay. The majority who offer enhanced paternity leave still offer just two weeks at full pay, while 21% now offer more than this
- Many employers are using other key ways of engaging and retaining talented people, including: facilitating a phased return; establishing a parents’ network; online/app-based coaching/advice; wellbeing services (e.g. antenatal classes, gym, yoga); providing parental leave coaching; and training to line managers.
Almost 700 companies and organisations in the UK responded to the survey.
In partnership with Bright Horizons Work+Family Solutions
Bright Horizons is dedicated to providing the best in class work+family solutions.